Phone scams are so much popular that everyone is mostly known to them. With the outbreak of the Covid-19, many things got changed. If we talk about the scam calls, instead of declining, it starts rising. In fact, the Covid-19 acts as a goldmine for scammers. In the latest survey, it is found that one in six Americans were scammed through the phone over the past 12 months and the average loss was $502, up from $351 in 2019. Moreover, in the same survey, it was founded that 3 in 5 Americans reported bogus calls associated with COVID-19.
But the question striking my mind is that why haven’t most people learned to ignore the spam call on their phones unless they know if some known number is calling? If you have mistakenly received the call, then do not speak anything; just listen and cut down the call. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office of Inspector General is alarming the people regarding the fraud schemes associated with the novel coronavirus. Keep in mind that the scammers are using telemarketing calls, text messages, social media platforms to commit the COVID-19-related scams.
Nowadays, many scammers are taking advantage of the coronavirus pandemic to benefit themselves. Many fraudsters are providing the COVID-19 tests and Medicare prescription cards with the exchange of personal details, like Medicare information. Though, all these services are unapproved. So, you must always keep your mind open and do not provide any minute personal information as this could harm you in the future.
Ways to protect yourself from Covid-19 Wave of Scam Calls & SMS
It has been observed that about 3 to 5 Americans admit that they lose money due to robocalls or computer-generated phone scams. The scammers take advantage of people’s fear, as well as artlessness. Here are some of the ways by using which you can protect yourself a follow:
- Always remember that don’t buy fake vaccine cards, and most important that do not fill in blank vaccination cards with wrong information. The unauthorized use of any official government agency’s logo is a great crime.
- Take the initiative to inform communities regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, but always beware of the fraud people. Don’t provide personal information to anyone in exchange for the vaccine information. Try to reach the trusted information providers.
- It is important to be highly cautious of COVID-19 survey scams.
- Be mindful of how you dispose of COVID-19 materials like vaccination record cards, shipment, or any tracking records. If you do the improper disposal, it could be used by some fraud and may harm you.
- Do not share your photos of COVID-19 vaccination cards on any social media. Posting this kind of content may leak your personal information.
- Be suspicious about any unexpected calls. In case you are getting a suspicious call, do not pick the call.
- Never reply to the unknown text messages about COVID-19.
Keep yourself protected by downloading the Eyecon App on your mobile
The scam calls and SMS are kept on increasing related to the Covid-19 as fraudsters is sitting in a chance to make someone fool. Therefore, every person needs to stay alert from any unknown calls or messages. If you want to protect your mobile from such kinds of calls or messages, then download the Eyecon app. This is one of the well-featured and designed apps that helps to keep your device protected from unknown calls. It is free to download. If you want to enjoy its unmatched features, then download the Eyecon App right away. Visit the official website http://www.eyecon-app.com to know more about the Eyecon app. For any kind of queries, you may also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org.